Thursday, February 27, 2014

Getting Back in the Flow

A couple days ago, I subscribed to a new channel on YouTube.  I have several subscriptions, most of them food related.  The one I want to share is this yoga channel.  I am getting back into the flow of yoga.  It really does help with the mind, body, and spirit.  Just an overall wellness.  In fact, Frank just did a session with me.  What I like about this channel particularly is how she explains the moves articulately and really gets you into the flow.  She has several videos so I would suggest checking her channel out if you are new to the practice or just want to get back into it.

She also has a website: Yoga with Adriene. Here is her YouTube channel link as well for you to check out.

Today we had our Apprenticeship Fair at the school where Frank and I will be teaching kids about comics.  We gave our Comics Pitch to entice students to learn about comics and creating their own unique comic book.  I think this is going to be a fun learning experience.  A lot of the students were very interactive with the pitch presentation.  I was relieved that it would be a shy turnout.  It was the complete opposite.  For the next week or so, I'll be learning about the history of comics to write up a presentation for the students. Brings me back to the days when I did a lot of presentations for school.

We also checked out this restaurant out in Bridgeport, Oliver's Cafe.  When a groupon came out for it, I snatched it up.  Glad I did because they have a pretty delicious menu.  My favorite was their chocolate lava cake.  It was scrumptious and had the texture of a more dense, yet moist souffle.  I might try to recreate it at home tomorrow.  Either that or I will make something else.

Tomorrow, my goal is to wake up earlier and make breakfast for Frank.  My rising at 11 am jumps me into lunch, I suppose.  And he isn't having pancakes for lunch.

No comments :