Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The other face of a burger

Everybody enjoys a good burger!  I grew up in SoCal and In-N-Out was the burger I grew up eating. I much prefer it to the rest of the other burger joints.  There is something nostalgic about In-N-Out that draws me and many others to this establishment.

Out here, I can't merely get my In-N-Out fix.  So, I made my own burger.  Keeping with my lean theme of turkey, I use ground turkey.  The recipes makes 2 quarter pound burgers or you can make 4 mini slider sized burger.  I stuffed my patties with some Jalapeno Cheese Havarti that I picked up while I was in Wisconsin this past weekend.  The cheese inside is a nice surprise.  Also the burger came out juicy.  Yum!  Sometimes burgers can be dry.  I was really happy with the result.  I dressed it up with pretzel bread from the Mars Cheese Castle, tomatoes, spinach, cheese and grilled onion.  Served them up with sweet potato fries and shishido peppers.



Turkey Burger with Jalapeno Cheese Havarti Print
Yields: 2-4 burgers

Ingredients
½ pound ground turkey
¼ cup bread crumbs
¼ onion, finely diced
1 egg
2 shishito peppers, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
¼ tsp red pepper
¼ tsp dried oregano
4 small pieces Jalapeno Cheese Havarti

Directions
1. In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, onion, egg, shishito peppers, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper and oregano.  Divide into 4 parts.  Stuff a piece of cheese and form into patties. 
2. Cook the patties in a skillet over high-medium heat, 4 minutes per side, turning once, to an internal temperature of 180 degree F. 
3. Serve with condiments and bread of choice.  Enjoy! 

No comments :