Friday, February 21, 2014

Mid Week Warming

I been waiting for the weather to warm up to go Ice Skating.  This past Wednesday it was in the 40s with minimal windchill and sunny!  I knew it was the perfect day to enjoy ice skating at the McCormick Tribune Ice Rink! Frank and I had lots of fun!  I'm glad he was able to shuffle his schedule around so we can enjoy this warm day.

It had been a really long time since I've ice skated.  Perhaps high school??? Ice skating works out different muscles, so stretching first helps.  It's really pretty ice skating at Millennium Park.  You have great skyline view, the bean and so much more.

Here's a picture of Frank and myself with the bean behind us.

Here's us on the Ice Rink taken by a fellow who had some good moves.  

From the center on the rink, I took a panoramic of Michigan Ave.  

 And here's a panoramic of the other side. So pretty!

Frank and I also met Seth Wescott, two-time Olympian champion in the snowboard cross.  Liberty Mutual Insurance sponsored the Road to Sochi Tour which passed through Chicago on February 19-20, 2014. 

Here's Pritzker Pavillion covered in snow.

A tranquil shot of Cloud Gate.

A view of the Chicago Skyline.

No comments :