Monday, February 24, 2014

Citizen Schools Apprenticeship

Last week, Frank and I started an Apprenticeship with Citizen Schools. We along with two others are going to be teaching a course on Comics.  I really don't know much about Comics (read some here and there), so I have been reading a lot about it.  This Thursday we are going to be pitching our course to middle schoolers and see who would like to join us on this adventure.

I must admit, this is probably going to be pretty fun.  This past Sunday, we went to a comic book store and I got 5 free comics. I had a belly app!  Usually these are your one dollar comics that gets you into reading the first of a series.  I saw one that I was familiar with; it was a good read and a good example for kids.  There was also one on not needing a prince to save you. And a couple more.

No comments :