Monday, February 03, 2014

Readjusting

I am still readjusting to being back home.  I was away for 2 1/2 weeks in sunny SoCal where I worked and caught up with family and friends. The weather was beyond warm with highs in the 80s.  It is so crazy how weather can be so extreme in one part and so mild in another. I would much rather put on jeans and a t-shirts with some flip flops, as oppose to a base layer, then a top with a sweater, then a down jacket. Add on the jeans and snow boots.  It was nice and sunny today though, even though it was probably around the teens.

I was able to run my errands.  The next two days it is suppose to snow. That means I will be indoors. A couple of days ago, it was so icy that I fell half a flight of stairs.  I have this ginormous bruise as a result of the fall.  Everyone else in the building has a similar incident.  The Black Ice is pretty dangerous; so much so that we were warned to not use the back stairs until further notice.  Black Ice is pretty much ice but looks like concrete, hence black ice.

The fall encouraged me to continue to take calcium.  Weak bones run in my blood so to prevent breaking my bones, I take calcium supplements. CVS has a great deal going on: buy one get one free. I picked some up on my stroll out today.  I also picked up some more prenatal vitamins.  My friend, Kim, say the CVS prenatal gummy vitamins taste the best.  This is the only one I've had, I'm glad I chose wisely.

No comments :