Sunday, February 16, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

I've had another eventful weekend.  This past week, I made Alfajores.  It is a Peruvian Cookie I had the pleasure of tasting at Erika's Baby Shower.  It is two shortbread like cookies made with flour or corn starch filled with dulce de leche.  I made them in the shape of heart for Valentine's Day.

We went to Gino's East and tried their deep dish pizza on Valentine's Day.  I had a Groupon so it was a great deal to check out another deep dish establishment.  We went nice and early, like around 5 pm, and didn't wait.  Usually if you dine around primetime it is about a one and a half to two hour wait. After our heavy dinner, we walked it off along Michigan Ave.

Saturday was our day of running errands and we also checked out a massage place, Relax Feet.  They were okay, too much shiatsu going on for me though.  I'll be checking out other places before returning there.  It was a good way to end a day of running errands.

Today, we went to a volunteer expo.  It was located at one of the museums.  That was pretty cool because you got to see things as you are checking out volunteer opportunities.  I am thinking I might volunteer at the Alder Planetarium.  I also have an apprenticeship starting this week to teach middle schoolers.

No comments :