Sunday, January 26, 2014

Saturday Surprises

I had a most eventful day today.  My last post was about stamps.  I went to the post office again today and bought some stamps.  I think I am set for a while.  This means I am saving around 60 cents per booklet of 20.  Not bad.  If only I didn't have to pay my gardener, then I would never really need to buy stamps.

After the post office, I went to Sprouts and found a great deal on Almond Meal/Flour.  It was $5.99 for a 1 pound bag, regularly $9.99.  It is actually really hard to finely ground anything, so I thought this was a great deal.  I ended up buying two.  My mom suggested I bring another suitcase back seeing as how I have accumulated some goodies to take back home.  I think I will be okay.  I thought about mailing it, but for the $25 bag check in fee versus the $13 something medium flat rate USPS, it is more worth it to check in a bag and put more stuff in it.

I met up with Kim and had lunch at the Manhattan Beach Post.  Similar to Chicago it is tapas style.  I enjoyed the Burrata and Red Pepper Sandwich mainly because of the pretzel bread.  I am a sucker for that.  The food there is very tasty.  Thanks Kim!

It was such a beautiful day, we walked along the pier and saw people enjoying the warm January weather.


Afterwards, I picked up some pastries at Porto's.  It is always busy there.  The good thing, the line goes by quickly.  I consumed perhaps too many pastries in one sitting.  And even ate a cupcake.  Not the best dinner option.
I also made muffins for my mom, my no muffin-top muffins slightly adjusted.  I added some pandan flavoring and took out some other ingredients.

In between all that, my sister Sophia had some crazy stomach flu happening.  So we took her to the ER but ended up leaving because it was going to take who knows when to be seen.  We are back home now, much better than being in the waiting room with a bunch of contagiously sick people.

No comments :