Saturday, January 04, 2014

More Snow, Hot pot Cure

It snowed again today.  I think that is expected now.  When it snows, we pretty much stay indoors.  We had hot pot today.  It was delish!  I picked up these fish balls at H-Mart and they were a hit.  YUM!  I am pretty full now.  Too full to enjoy my cupcakes from yesterday.

This was our hot pot spread.  Tofu, Clams, Beef, Enoki and King Oyster Mushrooms, Fish Balls, Daikon, Shrimp, Sake, Napa Cabbage, and Tomatoes.  The best part: all the sauces that you dip these delicious goodies into.  

I also made some muffins earlier today.  It's my Cranberry Oatmeal Flax Muffins Recipe, but this time I didn't use any vegetable oil.   I substituted it for applesauce and added some orange zest.  Sometimes if you don't want to use vegetable oil, applesauce makes a great alternative.  I am stocking up on baked goods to freeze for Frank when I go away. 
These muffins are great for breakfast or as a snack.  I also thought about making Frank breakfast bars. I'll have to comb through pinterest for some ideas.  

No comments :