Friday, January 03, 2014

Rolling in the Deep

After 5 days of staying in, we finally ventured out.  Our car was rolling in the deep!  A covered space in a garage would be great.  Sadly, that is not an option.  However, our parking lot gets plowed.  Our car was surrounded by almost 2 feet of snow.
I was really happy that I got snow boots.  So useful with all this snow and wind chill.  I sport a pair of UGGs.  In retrospect, a pair of Sorel also would also have been awesome.

We went to Niles today for two reasons.  I wanted cupcakes from Le Sucre and Frank wanted hot pot. They have a Super H-Mart at Niles, so we did our grocery shopping there. Since the weather has been pretty crazy, we stocked up on groceries.  I was surprised at how much we spent.  Usually we pick up a few choice items.  Now, we are well stocked.  We also made a Target run to get some supplies on our way home.

Forecast on Monday is -8, with windchill -52. CRAY CRAY! Schools might be closed that day. Looks like we might be staying in for a couple more days.

These are the cupcakes I picked up from Le Sucre.  On the top, Red Velvet.  To the right of that, Tiramisu. Bottom right, Blueberry Cheesecake.  Bottom left, Mocha espresso.  I like the frosting at Le Sucre, it reminds me of the cupcakes from Sweet Lilikoi Patisserie.  The mocha frosting is rich and tasty.  The others are lighter and more mousse-like, similar to Sweet Lilikoi Patisserie.
This was a nice treat today!

No comments :