Saturday, July 06, 2002

The Real World......


Waking up........7:35 am. (i know that's not early for some people, so no i'm not complaining.) so i had to take my car into the shop to get it fixed. when i got there, they were still close. just as they were about to open, i noticed the guy point towards another direction. i was like, what the...... "great balls of fire, i didn't know there was a line. " I was fired up cause i wanted to get my car back that day because i needed it and couldn't wait till monday (summer school). Good thing i made an appointment. haha, suckers. Estimated seven hundred dollars in repairs. my goodness...... So by the time i got back, i had planned to go back to sleep. but sadly, was not able to. I ended up watching The Real World for the next 8 hrs minus an hour for lunch. Apparently it was some marathon cause the final episode is coming up this coming tuesday at 10pm. So as I was watching The Real World, it hit me. Is this really how people act? fake and overly dramatic? Part of me thinks it's fake and it should be refered to as the Fake World. But then what do i know, I can't really relate to any of them.

Here's the cast. 4 females, 3 white girls and 1 black girl. 3 males, 2 white boys and 1 black male. (respectively)
Tonya: white chick number 1. she's had a hard childhood bumping around from one foster family to another. and was in debt for medical bills until recently. She's uptight. nothing really much to say about her, but that everyone in the show seem to dislike her.
Cara: white chick number 2. she's this short, used to be chubby, takes anti-depressant pills, sleeps-around (slut?), and has a envious, me, me, always craving attention personality on the side. When i was watching it, i didn't really have an opinion about Cara, until now. At the begining, i thought she was an okay gal, then i figured she was just a pleaser. she sided with anyone and is really envious of keri. i bet you she was secretly in love with kyle and was so jealous of keri because of the relationshiop they keri and kyle shared earlier in the season. she is insecure about herself and likes to be the center of attention and wants what she doesn't have. she seems fake to me.
Keri: She is secure about herself, has self-control, but at the same time cannot express herself totally to her peers. I like the realtionship Kyle and her shared, but at the same time, it's like, hmmmm........the issue of whether she and kyle should have been less touchy touchy in their relationship when Kyle had a girlfiend. So there's the issue of morality. But i won't dwell into that now. that issue will be for another day.
Aneesa: She's a lesbian that is trying to find herself. Also a nudist.
Chris: He's gay. I didn't really see much development about him.
Kyle: He's got some real issues. He has a girlfriend, Nicole, who he claims he loves, but is really attracted to Keri. And even admits to Keri that he likes her. So nicole dumps Kyle's ass after a while. And he gets it on with Keri, but stops, because he feels it is not right. (bastard) then gets all cozy with Cara.
Theo: Speaks his mind.

So after watching 7 hours of The Real World Chicago, I concluded that it is real and fake. It's real because in real life people are fake. not all though. mostly in the media. and The Real World truly exemplified this fakeness. The whole time i was watching it, I saw how fake Cara and Kyle can be. okay that's all i have to say about it. One last comment, The Real World New Orleans was the best among the rest.

Moving on......i know i shouldn't waste my time watching tv, but i just needed to veg out. okay, well, that's it for now, I better go and do my laundry. miss you dear.

No comments :