Monday, November 18, 2013

NO to WEST ELM

I must have had an eventful weekend. I am absolutely exhausted. I really would like to go back to sleep. Here is a run down.....Saturday morning, 6 AM, woke up to bed concaving in. Damn....I gotta say, that was a RUDE awakening! It really is had to go back to sleep after something like that. I called up West Elm to see what they can do for me. I've honestly had this bed frame less than 14 months. That is pretty poor workmanship if you ask me.

So I googled it and found out that this is a common problem with beds from West Elm. The take away message: DO NOT BUY A BED FRAME FROM WEST ELM!!! They only gave me a delivery surcharge credit which does not really help me at all. But better than nothing. STILL, poor quality and does not stand behind back breaking products.

Now, I just want to share with ya'll how poorly my bed was made. Makes me so MAD because my bedroom now looks like a war zone. Not a great way to start of the week.

I am surprised at how the mattress is held up. The bed frame was really built. It needed a better framed foundation. I should have looked into more reviews before I made the purchase. TIP: websites without product reviews is a RED FLAG!!! The middle beam broke and totally fractured off.

And here is the other end that fractured off. Hmmm...looks suspicious!

They should make this middle beam longer, eh?

So since West Elm does not even replace this part even though they know they are making bad beds, they tell me that I need to buy a whole new set. HELLO?!?! Why would I waste more money on a bed that will collapse on me again. So since the bed is now useless without that beam, we decided to create our own beam to hold up our mattress. I read about people using books. So all I can tell you is, you are better off going to Ikea or elsewhere, at least their products will last you years and years.

1 comment :

Cindy said...

Wow. Thanks for the tip. I'll be sure not to buy a bed from there. Quite a rude awakening indeed.