Thursday, November 14, 2013

Lasagna

A few weeks ago, I made Lasagna. It was our Sunday Dinner but we ended up going out to meet a friend. I put it together and baked it the next day, as I had already begun the process. This recipe was inspired by Giada De Laurentiis. Here is her Lasagna recipe. Overall, the recipe came out well. The only thing I would change is not make a bechamel sauce and go straight into using the Simple Tomato Sauce. I think it will make it taste more like a true lasagna that way. The incorporation of the ricotta really help round out the lasagna.

Here are some capture shots. This is what the bechamel sauce looks like.

This is the spinach. Try to get it as dry as you can. Maybe give it a whirl in the salad spinner, or not.

I used ground beef. I think it is +90% lean. Cooked with a little oil and garlic. You can soak up any liquid with a paper toilet. It helps when your ingredients are dry to prevent a runny lasagna.

This is my ricotta mixture.

The layering begins. You start with bechamel sauce then pasta.

Add ricotta and mozzarella cheese.

Then add the spinach and pasta.

Then comes the ground beef and pasta.

Top that with ricotta, mozzarella and parmesean. And butter (optional).

And here is the finished product.

Lasagna is pretty easy to make. Not to mention it can feed you for days. The next day all the juices get soaked up and is even more flavorful.

No comments :