Friday, October 04, 2013

Homemade

Lately I have been experimenting with making ice cream. I attempted making Fresh Peach Ice Cream. When making ice cream there is a good amount of prep work like freezing your ice cream bowl and your mixture before you churn it. Those are key and will make for great consistency. I wasn't so patient when I made the Fresh Peach so the consistency wasn't was great. In part it is probably the recipe I used. But it turned out tasty. Here it is, Fresh Peach Ice Cream.

I have also been craving those baos, I made a veggie one inspired when I had a shiitake bun at momofuku in NYC. I deep fried shiitake mushrooms with beets and carrots and some garlic, made some special sauce and voila!

I was quite happy with how these turned out. I made them again the next day, but baked the ingredients instead of deep frying, I suppose it's healthier.

I made another attempt to make ice cream because I wanted to get the consistency down. So I decided to make Coffee Ice Cream. I was definitely much happier with how this turned out. I adapted the recipe from Laura in the Kitchen but opted to take out the Chocolate Chunk and pressed my coffee with a mixture of instant, so for a pure coffee flavor. Here's a picture of how that turned out.

Right now I am making Black Sesame Macarons and am waiting for them to dry so I can put them in the oven. It took an hour or so...geezzz!

No comments :