Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pretzels

I really enjoy a good pretzel! My favorite treat is the Almond Crunch at Auntie Anne's, especially when it is just out of the oven. Having indulged myself in the land of youtube, I found this recipe to make soft pretzels from Laura in the Kitchen. I don't like a salty pretzel so instead I topped my with chopped almonds. It was missing something though, so I will rework that in the future. Also, Laura's recipe makes a dozen, but they are actually small pretzels. I wasn't sure how much to roll it out, so they were about 4X6 size wise. I made some into pretzel bites as well.

Also, this recipe has you do a baking soda to water dip. Shortcut is to boil water and put it in a bowl with baking soda and dip the pretzels. Optional if you don't have a big pan.

This is how my pretzels turned out.

These are delicious right out of the oven. The baking soda water dip will give you a crunchy crust and a soft inside.

I kept the rest in a tight sealed container and would toast it to reheat it. I thought about making just half a dozen because a dozen pretzels seemed like a lot, but we actually consume half a dozen on the first sitting.

I made chili earlier this week, so that is the topic for the next blog.

No comments :