Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Unsettled

Today was such a lazy tuesday. I didn't really do much, in fact I didn't leave the house all day. What a lazy day. I did however experiment with a new recipe. It is a remix on the burger. I had these beets that I wanted to use up and I really wanted to make it with some tofu....so the creation of a beet burger came about. I put tofu, beets, carrots, garlic and green onions in there. Added some salt, pepper, onion powder and red pepper. I baked it, but it still was pretty wet, so I think I should have added more flour to combine it better. Next time, I might add an egg to get it to combine better. I ended up pan frying it as well. Anyways, here are some pics from the REMIX.

This is what it looks like when I mixed up all the ingredients.

Formed them into patties.

Assembled with cheese, cilantro and jalapeno hummus, sauted with onions and mushrooms.

No comments :