Saturday, September 25, 2010


Frank and I decided to check out this Carribbean place around old town pasadena. I recently yelped this place and when I found out it was a Carribbean place, I jumped on it. We decided to check it out on saturday for lunch. We started our meal off with a side of Festival bed. They are basically deep friend cornmeal. It was pretty tasty. But tiny as you can see. It comes with a pineapple chutney and sliced of almonds. It was pretty good. Sweet taste but well balanced by the cornmeal.

I wanted to try the Jerk Chicken Sandwich because it came with Irie Fries which were delicious. The Jerk dressing was tasty as was the chicken and the mango salsa was so good. The red onion was grilled just right. Overall, a very satisfying meal. The deep friend plantain was good too.

Frank got the Ox Tail with rice and beans. He quite enjoyed it. It was quite tender and came with a side salad and a fried plantain. The rice and beans was authentic jamacian cuisine. I though it had an herbal flavor to it, but it could have been a jerk spice.

We will most likely check this place out again on a Saturday night to catch some live music.

No comments :