Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Thoughts, thoughts, thoughts... running through my head!

January is about to end. Boy this month is really just flying by!  I had a good amount of time off in the beginning of the month. But of late, I have been working more.  This week isn't too bad, though. I just came back from a much needed massage.  It was a good deep tissue massage.  I need to continue to hydrate so I don't get a headache.  On my way back, I explored this path on Lincoln and checked out a number of places.

The first was a Filipino Bakery, Rowie's.  I tried a tasty Ube Macaron.  It was a buck twenty-three, what a steal! On Tuesdays and Wednesdays, they have a special on cupcakes for a buck fifty. Usually, they go for $2.25.  I haven't tried them yet because I am waiting for Frank to come home so we can share them (I got the mango and mocha cupcake).

Next stop, another bakery, this time a Columbian bakery called Mekato's.  I had a cafe latte and tried the arespas.  It was a good snack and a nice place to sit down for a bit.  They have a lot of breads that made from cheese.  I pass by this place on my way to and from work, so I really wanted to check it out.  The pastries are limited; they have tamales and empanadas.

I also love checking out what they have at Dollar Tree.  They had a lot of interesting items here and was well stocked.  I picked up some hair clips because I needed the spring to put in my other hairclips that broke.

Lastly, I did some grocery shopping at Tony's Finer Foods.  I'll have to come back again when I have the car because the canned tomatoes are on sale.

Also, look forward to a series about my trip from Europe.  I am finally getting a chance to sort through my pictures.  Here's a teaser!
Wandering around the Tiergarten in Berlin, loving the fall foliage.

No comments :