Thursday, January 01, 2015

Hello 2015!

It's the first day of the year and we got a late start. A rather lazy beginning!

I made crepes for brunch. Three different kinds: sugar, Nutella and banana, and blackberry cream. 
Crepes are really simple to make. You just need a good recipe and the right pan. With the leftover crepes, I made a Mille Crepe Cake. 
This was our brunch; eggs and bacon on the sides. 
I can't wait to dig into this tomorrow. It's going to be my sweet treat!

I also made an apple pie because I promised Frank that I would make him one for New Year's. He wanted a pie for his birthday, but I thought a cake was better suited for that occasion. So we got to indulge with some apple pie, YUM!
I really like the lattice top. It just makes it look so pretty. I make this about 2-3 times a year and we are so sad when the apple pie season ends.

For dinner, we made Paella. 
This is one of my favorite things to eat. I bought a special pan just so we can make this dish. It's great to make for a group of people. We'll probably make this for friends and family in the future.

2014 gave me a lot of time to reflect, learn new things, and meet new people. I am really grateful for those opportunities and for what lies ahead in 2015.

Cheers to 2014 and Hello 2015!

No comments :