Saturday, June 28, 2014

Summers in the Midwest

Where did the week go?  It's almost Sunday and I feel like time is just breezing by.  Mondays is when I usually do the laundry.  This past Tuesday, I had an interview.  On Wednesday, I had another LASIK consultation.  I have to go back again in two weeks because the doctor wants to check my left eye again. He said I have chubby corneas which I thought was really funny.  Thursday was a day in the kitchen, I made strawberry ice cream, pecan tarts, and mexican wedding cookies/russian tea cakes. Friday was an eventful day at Target.  Today, I went to a picnic with some of the parishioner at this parish I have been attending.  It was nice to meet some people from the parish and get to know them.

A while back, one of the parishioners came up to me and welcomed me to the parish and got my contact info and invited me to check out their Young At Heart Adults Group.  I thought it was pretty cool, since growing up Catholic, I was never really part of the church.  Coming up in a few weeks there is a Summer Celebration going on at the Parish.  We might check it out and even volunteer at the ice cream sundae stand.

For two weeks, I won't be able to wear my contacts since the doctor wants to check my eyes in its natural state without contact manipulation.  So I am going to have to sport my glasses.  Sadly, Frank just accidentally punch my glasses into my face so now the bridge on my nose hurt.

It has been quite warm with days, like in the 80s and 90s with high humidity.  The lake effect is really nice with the humidity.  Even though it is hot, a cool breeze is welcomed.

1 comment :

Unknown said...

Oh noes, you got "accidentally" punched in the eye by Frank. Sounds fishy.... hehehe