Friday, June 20, 2014

It's Friday!

Last week, I had a gig as a Brand Ambassador Dental Hygienist in which I promoted the Sensodyne Dental Health Spa at Fiestas Puertorriquenas (Puerto Rican Festival).  It was pretty cool because Humboldt Park isn't my usual stomping ground.  I got to step outside my comfort zone and experience another part of Chicago.  I got to meet a lot of really cool people and spread the word out about how to help prevent acid erosion.  I was able to network with local hygienist which was ideal because I am looking for work out here now.

I had Puerto Rican food for the first time.  I really enjoyed the arepas.  Here are some pictures from the festival.
Combo Plate: Rice, Chicken and Plantains
I call this Lechon
Arepas, YUM! The corn and cheese fusion!
Sensodyne Dental Health Spa
Humboldt Park

I thought this week was going to be pretty chill, but it was quite the opposite.  I ended up going on a casting call, had an interview then followed up with a working interview.  I also got some good news this week.  I am a licensed RDH in Illinois, that's why I was able to do that working interview.  I found out earlier this week.  I honestly thought I wouldn't find out until next week.  Hence, I assumed I would be pretty free.

I also got a call back from the casting call.  The clients were very happy with me, but I was unable to commit to the shoot day because I will be out of town and already have commitments for those dates. So I am kinda sad about that because it was a good opportunity.  Oh well, perhaps next time.

I am hoping next week will be a bit more chill.  I just have one event that I know of.  I am super excited because sushi is involved.

I am waiting for my other half to come back from the gym so that we can get some strawberry custard ice cream. It's my reward for such an eventful week.  Off to make some dinner, it's going to be chicken salad or chicken wrap.  We'll see what happens in the kitchen.

No comments :