Monday, October 13, 2014

Sugar and Spice makes everything nice!

Have you ever heard of the saying, "Sugar & Spice make everything nice"?  That thought came across my mind while I was showering.  I feel like I get great ideas in the shower.  Does that happen to you too?

I'll admit, I do enjoy something sweet here and there.  But not overbearingly sweet.  We were around O'hare this weekend and while there, we went to the Lindt outlet store.  I probably spent more than I should have on chocolate.  But check out my bounty!
I like to enjoy a little treat here and there.  My favorites are something with hazelnut or white chocolate crisp.  I also like sea salt which I usually get at Ghirardelli.  Belgium chocolates are also very delicious.  As you can see, I do enjoy chocolates.  Unless it is chocolate ice cream.

Indian food uses a lot of spices.  I recently made Chicken Makhani, also known more commonly as Butter Chicken.  All these spices combine together make a very delicious aromatic meal.  I had leftovers yesterday and the aroma of that sauce was so divine.
Chicken Makhani
I enjoy making Indian food because it is a learning experience for me.  I quite enjoy Indian cuisine so to be able to make it at home is rewarding.  I also make my own spices because I like knowing what goes into things.  Making these dishes from scratch can be time consuming but its worth it once you take that first bite.  

So these are why sugar and spice make everything nice.  Happy Monday!

No comments :