Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I head back home today.  Just chilling at my sister's place until my flight. Even though this has been one of my shorter trips, I felt like I have been out here a while.  When I checked in yesterday, I contemplated extending my time out here.  But alas, I have an appointment tomorrow so it is time for me to return home.

It will be nice to be back in my element and return to my daily routines.  I noticed every time I am back in Cali I indulge too much in desserts. I went to Porto's yesterday, had Half and Half, got macarons the day before and etc. Perhaps, next time I shall limit these indulging habits.

I don't know when my next trip back will be.  Perhaps in November or sometime next year.  I have already been back 3 times this year.  During this trip, I went wedding dress shopping with my sister and mom.  My sister was such a trooper, so kudos to her!  This isn't her favorite activity. There's another place that I want to take her to, so I'll have to play that by ear or get someone to go with her if I don't return anytime soon.

I got my In-N-Out fixl and my shaved snow.  My usually spots that I like to hit up are:
1) In-N-Out
2) Shaved Snow (Class 302 or Tasty 2 go)
3) Din Tai Fung (for the Juicy Pork Dumplings)
4) Cheese Rolls (from Portos)
5) Bottega Louie (for the Earl Grey Macarons)
6) Half n Half Tea House
7) Baked goods or coffee jelly milk tea from 85C
8) Bibingka from Josephine's (over at Island Pacific)

These are all the things I cannot get in Chicago.  Thus, it is important to get my fill while I am here, eh? I knocked out 7 out of the 8 which isn't bad at all.

No comments :