Thursday, August 11, 2011


Man I was really pushing it, running on E. When I got to the gas station I filled up 15.663 gallons. That does to show I was coming close to pushing it. I am glad I made it to the gas station. I am glad that I have a big tank. Also didn't break 60, so I was happy about that. I prefer to fill up at the warehouses, primarily Costco. So I try to plan my trips according. I drive so freaking much that it is REALLY wearing on me. So glad to be chilling this weekend in Vegas. Kinda wish my weekend started now, but in a way I checked out already. But 6 more to go and I am free. I am all packed which is the super great thing and my stuff is already in Vegas. I pretty just have to hop on a plane, no check-ins. Woo hoo!


Before meeting up with my friend, Raeceen, I used up my groupon at Violet's cakes. I bought this because Martha Stewart raved about these cupcakes. When I first walked in, I was kinda surprise. It wasn't your typical white chick running the joint. I was pleasantly surprised. Because at first glance the cupcakes and place doesn't look polished. BUT OMG, the cupcakes were unbelievably MOIST. I love moist cupcakes with texture. The icing looks like it holds up. Possibly the best red velvet cupcake thus far. The brownie bomb was a little sweet and I would pass on the blueberry cream cheese next time. Go for the red velvet. I might check out the carrot in the future.


Raeceen introduced me to Roy's Melting Hot Chocolate Soufflé. It's quite delish, the Chocolate has a nice crispy brownie edge. We indulged ourselves on the Aloha Hour $5 Menu. We pretty much order everything on the menu. The sliders are so delicious. I love the pretzel bread on that. It's so nice to have someone local to hang out with and catch a happy hour after work.

No comments :